Hey Chicken-Put Your Head Back On!


 

    Sitting at work, I watch people all day try to figure out what they need to do next. They scramble aimlessly and are still behind at the end of the day and leave the office looking drained. I watch people have the blood vessels pulsating out of their foreheads from stress while I am just going about my day. They look over at me and ask, "Why are you so calm? How did you already get done?" Why work hard. Work smart. Do I work less than everyone else. No. Do I have less work to do than everyone else? No. I work in process. Here is one thing I have learned that really helps me get through my day. It is called to-do lists. The solution is not just making a to-do list,  but how to be efficient in making an effective to-do list that works for you.

   Many people have said," I cannot remember all that I have to do during the day to make a to-do list. I don't have time to make a to-do list". Well, here's the answer. You subconsciously stress your brain if you are having to remember things that are similar from day to day. There is no need to have to remember. If this is a repetitive task, having a daily repetitive and weekly repetitive task list. Then all you have to remember is the new things you have to do from now on. If you have things you do redundantly on a daily basis, get out a piece of paper at the beginning of the day. As you perform these tasks, add them to your to do list. That way you don't have to remember what you do every day and it does not take much more of your time creating this list. After you write these things down, prioritize them. After you have done this,just hang the list in your cube or around your desk to refer to every single day. This will shave time off of your day, increase your productivity, reduce stress, and between you and me might give you a little more time to relax while you are at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment