Blood, Sweat, and Tears


Have you ever really wondered what the phrase giving  your "blood, sweat, and tears" really means? There are numerous origins to the phrase but they are all tied to hardships and enduring them with concentrated focus. Not in one depiction of this phrase was it used referring to triumph with ease. This meaning has become so cliche that its true meaning is never really thought of.

    What this saying means to me is the ultimate sacrifice. It depicts the act of really giving it our all. Humbling ourselves in the face of adversity, and putting our pride aside. When we go out for our dreams, we are giving the ultimate sacrifice. We sacrifice time that would be spent doing other things. We sacrifice times of leisure and rest for doing what needs to be done instead. We sacrifice ourselves into the public views of others and their opinions. We sacrifice time with the people we love. Sometimes we feel like we are sacrificing our sanity while in the valley of decision. No matter what the sacrifice, anyone who has met success cannot say that it came without a price.

    We all have to pay our dues in this world at one time or another. If becoming successful were easy, everyone would be successful. We have to keep this in mind when we are doing the things that others think is "extreme" or "crazy". If you have ever been told that you are taking things too far or going to extremes when attempting to accomplish something, you are probably on the right track.

    Many people say they want to be successful but when it comes down to it only few actually make it. Why is that? They are not willing to sacrifice. They are not willing to put themselves out there for fear of what might happen. They might fear what others think. The pain of the race does not last forever. The regret from quitting the race could last forever.

    I want to exit this life knowing that I did all I could to be the best I can be. I want to exit this life with no excuses of why I did not make things happen. I hope once I am gone people will remember me for these things. I hope I can meet many others in this life that will bring this initial thought to my mind after they are gone.    The thought of people who gave it their all. The thought of people who gave their blood, sweat, and tears.



No comments:

Post a Comment