Seriously?


 

As a young kid and even into my adult years, things naturally came easy to me. If I put the least little bit of effort towards something, I would always prevail. I was always used to being able to wait until the last minute to perform something and would come out gleaming every time without fail.

This was my strength but also eventually became my weakness. The older I got, I realized things got harder and took much more effort for me to achieve. This first hit me in college when my half-hearted habits would not breeze me by. This was a wake-up call for me to say the least. I could not figure it out. It occurred to me one day. I had never really been forced to take things seriously. Things had always come easy to me so I really never gave them much thought.

In the game of life, we better become serious with our goals We are only given one life. I like to think of a serious goal as something that is on my mind when I wake up and the last thing I think about before I go to bed. It is something I do not take for granted. I realize that without my best effort put forth that I have the potential to fail. I also have the potential to not get the best results if my efforts do not match.

I think a lot of times we are programmed to think that with minimal effort we will achieve desired results. This  may be true to an extent but you are robbing yourself if you are not taking things seriously and giving it your best effort. Realize you could fail or not complete the task if you are not persistent. You will be amazed at how much your life changes once the proper seriousness is applied.

No comments:

Post a Comment