The Quest


Have you ever just had a day where you woke up and wondered, "Why Am I Here? What is my purpose? Are all the things I am doing that are uncomfortable to me really going to be worth it in the end?" We all go through a phase in life where these questions come straight at us despite if we want them to or not. We get to a point to where we feel like life is a hamster wheel and we are always doing the same things over and over to get over the mountain, only to feel like we are standing still.

I have been on a quest to lose weight. Well I come to a point a couple of months ago to where my losing came to a standstill. I was doing the same things I had been doing that helped me originally lose weight, but was not seeing the same results. I could not figure it out and it was frustrating and discouraging to say the least. Well I came to the conclusion that I was just going to have to put in a little extra effort to reach my goal. Even after this, I felt like I was putting out way more effort than I should to see the minimal results I was receiving. After a few weeks of this, I was tired. Not only physically tired, but mentally tired as well. I woke up with this attitude, "What's the use?" I have to be really, really discouraged to wake up with a bad attitude because this is generally not in my persona. After sitting there pondering and procrastinating, it was time for the moment of truth: The Scale. The end result: Out of nowhere I had lost 4 pounds. I had a new excitement towards reaching my goal.

In a nutshell, you are here for a reason, just sometimes it might not be crystal clear. You do have a purpose, sometimes you just have to hunt harder than other times to find it. The slow, basic times are sometimes there for reasons we will never understand.  And last but not least, the answer is yes to all the small things you are doing will be worth it in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment