Beating Your Sinuses With Yoga




Well...nice weather is here. If you are like me you love the outdoors. The part I do not love is allergies. I am highly allergic to pollen. I have a low tolerance to most allergy medications and they make me very sleepy. I knew there had to be a better way. I could not deal with stuffy nose, head pounding, etc. throughout my day.

One day I was dealing with my allergies and it was time for my yoga workout. The last thing I wanted to do today was yoga due to the way I felt. However, I pushed myself and started the workout. A few minutes into the workout I noticed a lot of my sinus pressure had died down. I experimented with this a few weeks and narrowed down the top 3 yoga poses that really helped my sinus and allergy troubles.

1.) Leaning forward- This is simple. Just find your favorite chair and lean forward with your face and chest parallel to the floor as much as possible. Hold this pose for 1 to 2 minutes.

2.) Leaning forward while standing (Folding forward). Stand up straight with your knees slightly bent. Lean over attempting to place your head between your knees. The goal of this is to get your head lower than your heart. Hold for one to two minutes if possible.

3.) Downward facing dog-This one is great when you have mucus in your chest that just won't give. Get on the ground on all fours. Press off the ground with your toes trying to bring your head towards your knees. This is sometimes a hard pose to hold but if possible 1 to 2 minutes if you are able to do so.

There are probably many other poses beneficial to this but these were the top three that really helped me while doing my Diamond Dallas Page Yoga workout.


No comments:

Post a Comment